Saturday, December 10, 2016

Response to Essay Exhibits

     There were many different ideas that my peers decided to do their final essay on. There were also many interesting and creative essay exhibit pieces that were in class today. However, there were two that I found to be very interesting pieces. The first one was Taylor's. She decided to write her final essay on Google Maps Essays. I thought this was interesting because of the fact that that is what I created for my original work of E-lit, and I felt as if I could relate to the topic better. The reason why I found her Essay Exhibit piece so interesting was because of the fact that she included her original work of E-lit, as well as Mr. Plimpton's Revenge. This was very helpful because it gave an example of what an original work of E-lit would look like from a peers perspective. Also, it allowed bridges to be made with Mr. Plimpton's Revenge because of the fact that everyone in the class was familiar with the piece. Overall, I enjoyed viewing her Essay Exhibit very much and believe her final essay will be very interesting to read.


The second Essay Exhibit that I enjoyed viewing very was was our tribe's vary own Sarah F. She decided to talk about how emojis are used in today's language. I thought that her topic was one of the most interesting because of the fact that most of this language and material comes natural to us. Sometimes it seem like we are talking a different language and that is why many older adults seem to struggle with communication with younger generations. The two things that i liked most about her Essay Exhibit piece was the picture she had on the first slide that showed all of the different generations on it. This was cool because it gave the reader a bunch of information about each generation. The second thing that I enjoyed most was the slides with many different emojis on the followed with what most young people would define that as meaning. Overall I enjoyed viewing this piece and thought it was cool to compare the different emojis to what I personally thought they meant. I believe that she will have a very interesting final essay as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment