Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Final Essay Overview and Link

     For my final essay, I decided to do an essay on the concept of whether video games were pieces of art or not. Throughout the essay, I gave multiple objects that are considered to be art themselves that were involved in video games. For example, things such as narrative aspects and music. Along with these ideas, I also embedded links to examples of each of these. I also decided to involve some YouTube videos of different examples of music, as well as, a compilation of cutscenes from a chapter in a game that I found to be very moving and emotional to play. Lastly, I compare feeling after completing video games to feeling after leaving a concert at Heinz Hall and after leaving a movie at the movie theater.

I have learned a great deal in this class and will be able to take that knowledge with me in the future.

Link to essay: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kKCJX4gmYRbpu7C3wtpFUk6XYuUYAb-MNr6sknKfGEQ/edit?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment