Thursday, December 15, 2016


Here is my final essay on the therapeutic benefits of video games. First I talk about how video games positively effect the brain in terms of size and function in terms of intelligence, connectivity of neurons, social skills. Then I move on to talk about the emotional benefits of playing video games such as in crease in self esteem, motivation, mood, and so on. I specifically touch on how video games have been shaped into helping those with specific diagnoses like autism. I specifically focus my attention of Autcraft, which is a Minecraft server offered exclusively for those with Autism. From there I begin to touch on how video games are being incorporated into therapeutic interventions. Video games are generally used for interventions in children, but have also been tailored to specific diagnoses such as cancer or PTSD regardless of age of the participant.

No comments:

Post a Comment